Started at 6-30am on Sunday the 14 August 2016 ( Eakadasi ) the third day of Pushkaralu, along with my wife Lakshmi, her brother Jagannadha Sastry family and their sister Ramani’s family in all total 8 reached pushkara ghat after a pleasant journey in a Taxi drive of two and half hours.
We have taken a ritualistic snaan (bath) and a dip in the religious fervour filled primary bathing ghat. Hats off to Government machinery & NGOs volunteers who are keeping up best arrangements – be it cleniness or monitoring safety or guiding devotees.
Important Tips for pilgrims:
1. To carry portable umbralla + drinking water+ carry bags to rollup & keep wet garments after bath.
2. Glucose packs must be part of things to carry and consume to help maintain energy to walk about 5 km to and fro car parking & bathing ghats.
3. Start early morning to avoid trafic hassels and less waiting at Toll gates.
5. Avoid use of soap or shampoo as Police are seen pullingup those people using such material to keep bathing area pollution free.
6. Go close to river barricade to experience fresh water flow.
7. Know more about Pushakram at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pushkaram
May the river Godess Krishnaveni shower her blessings to all pilgrims of Krishna River Pushkarams 2016.